Our watch of the week is the Seiko SSE003J1 Astron. It has a stylish silver hardcoated titanium link bracelet and a black dial with three chronographs. The watch has a solar movement. The Seiko SSE003J1 Astron adjusts the time zone even if you are moving. Additionally, the Seiko Astron automatically connects with the GPS network.
The accurate time. Effortlessly.
Set the time zone
- You should be outside with a clear view of the sky to connect with the GPS network.
- Press D and hold for 6 seconds. Let go as soon as the second hand is in 30-second position. The reception should take not more than 2 minutes.
- Once the second hand shows “Y” or “N”, the reception is complete. This will be shown for 5 seconds. After this, the hour and minute hand as well as the local time and date move back to the set time zone.
Activate the flight mode
- Press C and hold for 3 seconds.
- The multi-indicator hand points at the small airplane. When the flight mode is active, the status of the power reserve will not be shown.
Reset the flight mode
- Repeat step 1 of the activation.
Set the daylight savings time (DST)
- Pull the crown to the first click position. The multi-indicator hand moves to show the current DST-setting. The second hand of the chronometer now shows the current time zone.
- Press D and hold for 3 seconds within 5 seconds after performing step 1. The indicator hand now moves to DST (ON), hour and minute hand advance one hour.
- Now press the crown back in. The second hand of the chronograph will now move back in the 12 o’clock position.